Why are you still here, and what are your goals?

Progression for me has all but stopped. After being robbed of my 27k hard cash from tapjoy, and life getting insanely busy, I cant do anything but try to keep incubators going now. I cant dart any of the creatures I’d like to (diplo, carbo, epic snake, irritator, brachi) - some because they aren’t dartable, others because they just dont show up for me even when I am able to hunt.

So I’m in maintenance mode.

I play skill tournaments and try not to let incubators lapse, but when I can fill 2 entire dbis before getting 3 incubator slots filled, I just find I’m not having fun anymore.

I stick around cause I still like what the game was. I am hopeful that hunting will become more relevant. I am hoping boosts will become less relevant. And my family enjoys seeing the new dinos at each patch.

How about you? What keeps you here?

13 Likes

I want to get my team to lvl 30 and bring the Kaprosuchus to the shores arena one day. Then I guess at some point I’ll look for maxing out other critters and trying them out.

2 Likes

Trying to complete the Dex, and get anything I feel like to team level. Also just having fun in the arena.

1 Like

Completing the dex and surpassing small personal goals.

1 Like

Because the dinosaurs.

6 Likes

I still enjoy the game and the competitive aspect of it. Being in several discords where I can talk to my opponents after each match has really helped and often takes the sting out of a loss haha. But mostly I stick around because I love creating content and writing about the game. And as long as there are still people that use GP as a resource, I’m going to stick around :slightly_smiling_face:.

14 Likes

Only in it to collect the dinodex. Just waiting for the Epic snake and the long slog to FIP it to the hybrids.

Tho my alliance are a decent bunch, so that helps too.

1 Like

Finish the dinodex, plus get Carnotarkus to level 30 (+30 health boosts) and Utasino to level 30. That’s it, really.

1 Like

Why am I still here?

1. it is dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures.
  2. The game is still very enjoyable and keeps me interested.
  3. I want to collect all the prehistoric animals and level them to 20th (level chosen as viable with the coin cost).
  4. I did I mention how thoroughly enjoyable I find the game?
6 Likes

I want to complete my dinodex and reach nublar shores

2 Likes

The game for me now is just to pass the time when the missus is in her nagging mood…this is the time I leave the house to go hunting a bit. Other than that, absolutely no goals at all. I still remember a time when I was on it 4-6 hours daily split into 2 sessions. Nowadays I couldn’t be bothered with it. There was a time when I could still go out to hunt for dna and do the grind but these days the newer dna are almost all exclusives & battling is a joke with how Ludia matches my opponents up. Worst of all is the game connectivity. I can’t be bothered closing & opening & closing & opening the app again & again when it freezes/crashes.

8 Likes

just going for gemini lvl 30 and maxed on boost…
It will took me a while

1 Like

I would like to get All to first level 20 but some have crept a little past.
Sole exception is my team as I am always trying to level up with as little boosts as possible.

2 Likes

My personal goal is to complete the Dex for now. Before 1.12 I was down to 6 remaining, now i’m at 8. The fact a new update keeps coming out adding new creatures before I complete the Dex will keep me playing for some time.

My other personal goal is to experience all of the arenas at least once. So far Lockwood Library is the highest i’ve got.

3 Likes

Max all the daily missions and SD’s, watch all speed up ads, fill up incubator slots, grab the free cash links, start 8HR+ Inc and check Discord before bed, and try to win alliance missions.
8 days out from tournament end I begin the battling to get as high as I can.
I’m in no real rush to finish the dex, but it’s more of a long term goal.
Why am I still here? It’s fun.

2 Likes

Why am I still here? Because I loved what this game has been and I am hopeful for what it could be. For the past month the community has made the game. I’ve stayed around because of my great alliance and the forum.

6 Likes

I am just going through the motions. Motivation is pretty much fizzled out with this game. I can feel myself getting burned out with it. I do not play as much as I used to. Will never reach my goal of getting out of Aviary. So I just do not care anymore.

3 Likes

i just want to finish the dino dex and then im leaving. this game is going down hill fast like jurassic world the game and Ludia seems to be doubling down on that goal with every passing day.

1 Like

To crush my enemies, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

6 Likes

I want snake

1 Like