Why does Thoradolosaur have Defense Shattering Strike?

I fought a Thoradolosaur recently, and I noticed the cool down timers, and can’t figure for the life of me, why anybody would ever use Defense Shattering Strike (1 X damage), when either Defense Shattering Rampage (2 x Damage) or Defense Shattering Impact (1.5 X damage) will always be available? Not too mention that instant charge could also be available.
It is a wasted ability, that could be subbed out for something else, or just dropped.

Dinosaurs have to have a basic strike. Doesn’t matter if you ever use it, it just needs to be there.

1 Like

it needs to be there as the default attack for when your game times out - to guarantee a loss to your non-timed out opponent.

3 Likes

You can check T-rex…
You might also notice it doesn’t even need to use DS strike if in manual mode.

1 Like

If you just used impact, sometimes you might want to use strike to finish something so that you have rampage the next turn.

1 Like

^ the op is the kinda guy that wates his rampage on a dino with 14 health left lol

1 Like

Well since people love to swap out when they have a small amount of health left, that actually seems like the right thing to do. Considering Thor’s speed is rather slow at 109, it is a good chance the next Dino that comes in, will have the ability to be faster and take him out.
After that Rampage, I would use the instant stun anyway, and guess what should be ready to be used? The Rampage. Note: if the instant stun is not available, I am sure I have the choice of Rampage or Impact available when the health is at 14, it is logic.