Why drop?

so after recent discussions about dropping trophies to farm certain dna, i decided to test out this theory and draw my on conclusions. i wanted to see how long it would take to drop 3k trophies and i wanted to see if my chances of getting irritator dna would be higher. i also wanted to see the affect that it would have on me mentally (no true competition) and how i was affecting others in those arenas.

it took me roughly 5 to 7 hours as i was trying to fight during most battles while i had time too, but i would also start matches and then just close the app if i was busy. so i took myself just a bit lower then 2k trophies then started my test.

so far i see no difference what so ever and i feel that i got more irri dna in jurassic ruins and lockwood. ive been speeding through the incubators and those are the results that im seeing.

the competition is a bunch of level 9 to 15 dinos. raptors, utahraptors, stegosaurus and stygi are the most used dinos in this arena so it was very easy to win battles when i wanted. it feels kind of dirty lol. at this point its kind of mind numbing and im desperately craving some kind of competition. on the other hand, i feel horrible when its time to win. i choose 4 of my best to add to my 8 so that atleast one gets picked. then i basically obliterate the opponents teams untill i fill my inc slots.

conclusion… is it worth the hastle of dropping, lack of competition and getting incs the dirty way… nope i dont think so. I think Ludia should probably find a way to stop this from happening. some kind of a drop cap. at this point it just feels like im down here trolling these poor guys and i wouldnt reccomend this for anyone…

if you have anything to add im all ears… but for now im going to start my climb back up and i hope this helps yall in any way.

6 Likes

The easiest fix is the incubator contents will not change by dropping. That is, once you reached arena 8, you will still get galli DNA in arena 5, so there’s no point in dropping to get certain DNA.

2 Likes

but that wont stop them from dropping just to get incubators easier… especially if the contents dont change so that would backfire.

There’s also a massive difference in wait time at high trophy counts. I dropped back myself several hundred trophies during the week and have been getting matches in a few seconds with similar levelled opponents as opposed to waiting 5-10 minutes per search beforehand. Plus most of the highest trophy counts are only facing bots which is incredibly boring. (And much easier than real people)

1 Like

to me, dropping a few hundred is ok to your point.

At higher arenas you get more DNA per incubator, the problem is the difference is not great enough for people who want to drop. Maybe Ludia should make higher arena incubators more worth it. Or like a daily gift system, so you can get some coins, cash, or DNA in an arena, but at higher arenas you get more resources in these daily gifts.

In my opinion, you can never stop people from dropping to get easy wins, but at least the game should do something not to encourage it from happening.

1 Like

honestly, i think this is a placebo affect… you come down here and think you are getting what you are farming but you are actually getting the same if not less, because of less rewards at a lower arena. id love to hear from someone that is actually benefiting from this… i highly doubt it.

1 Like

I see part of your problem. You’re not using arena appropriate dinos. I know there is nothing in place to force you to and there really should be. An arena level cap or something. I guess i’m a minority but when i drop i use it as an opportunity to wield my lesser used mid-level dinos. I don’t always win as some of them are not competitive or just too low leveled for where i’m at. It’s a bit of a guessing game about what levels and types i need for where i’m at, but it adds to the challenge and fun. Once you reach almost 5000 as my best dinos are able, there is almost no progression and it’s incredibly boring. You see the same OP dinos over and over with the same strategies and want to poke your eyes out.

i made it fun with my “little squad” i will admit, but ultimately thats not what i spent coin on and id rather use them lol. what benefits besides getting to battle different dinos did you get out of it?

That’s exactly it. Variety is far more valuable to me than a few extra DNA. If you’ve only leveled a few legendaries and dont have the coin for anything else, fair enough. I have dozens of dinos over 20, and the vast majority of the rest are 15-20. What’s the point of having 120 dinos if you only use 8 all the time?

1 Like

higher arena tier rewards to keep them wil backfire “the rich get richer” will be the most heard complaint.

Also, when wanting one incubator before going to sleep, finding a match takes quite long, the match itself lasts long, and then you lose to rng in the last turn or so.
With a bit of bad luck, I battle 2-3 matches that i lose in 30 minutes, with nothing to incubate.

When I drop, everyone on the way down gets free trophies.
When hanging somewhere, I still need to lose half my matches, so I win one in 2 minutes in stead of 15, lose the one after in 2 min.
Faster incubators for everyone, and 0 effect on the average trophy count.

1 Like

Lower arenas, less stress.
The game is about having fun. Not stress.
So, why not drop arenas to have fun (or make fun…:rofl:). Much-much easier to get incubators. That’s what most of us want (at least for my case). Not medals and rankings. It is true that you’ll get slightly more DNAs at the higher arenas. But I think it is not worth the stress that you have to go through for that additional amount of DNAs.

1 Like

I did this and went down to badlands. I sped up incubators and found the daily 10 kill incubator was much more irritator friendly. Did not take long to finish up magna, but with all the saltiness on the way up I would never drop again. As it is I am getting complaints about staying at the very top of Jurassic ruins to get the stigy. I almost dreaded checking these forums and the discord chat because I could almost tell someone was going to complain

1 Like

If you are intent on dropping, at least use dinosaurs of appropriate levels! You will still have an advantage over lower level players due to skill and experience!

Just don’t drop 2000 trophies and steamroll newbies with a team of Uniques! That makes me sick and is a vile thing to do to another player!

1 Like

This is where I wish they would match people up, highest team dino to highest team dino. This way we can play different teams of different dinos at different levels and make it more fun.

1 Like

For the lower arenas I totally agree, I should have changed teams when coming back up. But honestly in upper sorna I will tell you I had matches that by the numbers shouldn’t have been close but because of RNG ended up closer than they should have.

1 Like

One way to stop arena dropping, or at least reducing the number of people doing it, could be to tie matchmaking to player’s level, this way you would have to wait for someone your level and that could take a lot of time, thus vanishing the benefit of harvesting incubators… :thinking:

1 Like

only thing is you can still be out matched with dinos. take me for instance… i used to evolve alot just so that i could level up quickly and be able to dart more. i was prematurely leveled if you looked at my team. whereas others that were a few levels lower, had uniques and i didnt yet.

but, you do make me think of a different idea… once you unlock an arena, you should only be matched with people from that arena and up… 400 trophies or whatever it is maybe down and up.

1 Like

I also feel the range of sorna and ruins is a bit too large, 1000 trophies is no joke. My team is sitting at top of the ruins, hovering between 4800 and 5000, but there’s a big difference between teams in the top ruins and teams in the low ruins. I’ve dropped to around 4000-4100 before, the battles are way easier, but the incubator is totally the same, so there’s a huge incentive for people like me to drop down to low ruins for easy wins.

I just recently dropped from 4300 to 2800-ish.
Not for the incubators though. I needed a change of pace. It feels like everyone but me has an indo now and there hasn’t been a single time I’ve fought one where it didn’t crit any of my counters to it. It’ll crit and one shot my Mono’s through cloak and cleanse itself.
There were other factors, and I was getting SO angry. I had to drop so I could get my wits back together. I was already on my way to dropping anyway since I’d dropped 500 points through the week.
I rarely won any matches. So now I’m hovering around 2800-3000 with a troll-ish team (ortho, galli, monomi, and Sauropods) and it’s making me feel better.
This game stresses me out A LOT and sometimes I just need to go back to easier and less stressful times.

2 Likes