Ludia Forums

Why is it not working?

Hi, I have seen the newsletter thing in Rob and i did it. i also confirmed it. It says first time newsletter people will get 300 free runes as a reward but it didn’t come to me. I did it day before yesterday but yet it didn’t come to me. Why is it not working? I already sent a email to the ludia support but still anyone here help me plz. Plz tell me why it is not working and how i can get my 300 free runes reward?

1 Like

After subscribing, there should be 2 emails, the 2nd email has a link that you click that’ll bring you to your game and claim the 300 Runes. Just make sure that you use the same device your game is on, and that the game isn’t already running in the background.

1 Like

ok thanks but what will be the name of the 2nd mail?

1 Like

The subject should say “Subscription confirmed”, and the email itself should look like this:

1 Like

ok thanks a lot you are a great helper

1 Like

i will receive the latest news offers, free in-game awards and other updated in the email i did the subscription? And if so, can i do the subscription again but with another email address? the email address i will give next time is a different one and it is not on the device. it is a email address of another device where i don’t play RoB. Will that work too? The main reason for it is that i want the news and everything to go to another email address not the one i gave now. will it work? Can i also do the newsletter thing again from a another device ( the another device doesn’t have the game installed)?

1 Like

You can try with a new email address, but I don’t know how it’ll affect your current game.

2 Likes

o man i don’t want my game to go wrong i have so many progress

1 Like