Ludia Forums

Why is Spionyx Cunning? (And other weird classes)

With the new update, there’s a lot that Ludia should be prioritizing right now, and I’ll start by saying that this topic shouldn’t be one of those things. But I was looking at the new class system. I like how they clarified what each class is supposed to be, it resolved a lot of debates. I was surprised to find that most of them made sense, except one: Spionyx. Why is it fierce cunning? The fierce part makes sense: it has DoT and Definite Rampage. But why cunning? It could be precise rampage, but that’s shared by cunnings and resilients; it doesn’t seem tied to any one class. Rending attacks seem to fall under Wild Card or Fierce. So where is the cunning coming from? Am I missing something? Surely it should be pure fierce, right? Both of it’s parents were.

I’m starting this thread to draw (some) attention to this, and to discuss any other class assignments that people don’t agree with. Let me know what you think!

3 Likes

Yeah, from the components and their moves alone, It should be a pure fierce. Unless they think bleeding is cunning? But that wouldn’t make sense since bleeders are anti tank dinos…

3 Likes

And most other bleeders are fierce. For example, Stigdaryx is fierce-resilient, and the only thing “fierce” about it is bleed.

2 Likes

At least counter attackers are labeled as resilient

2 Likes

Maybe they thought it had precise pounce for some reason? Since Spyx kinda gets that out of nowhere.

1 Like

If anything it should be fierce-resilient, because Definite Rampage removes dodge

Another one to add is Carnotaurus being a Wild Card. It’s hybrids definitely are, but I think Carnotaurus should be fierce-resilient. It has a shield, so that’s resiilient. Rend is currently only on fierce/partially fierce and wild cards (on Grypolith, for example, it is the only part of It’s kit that could really be considered fierce). Since it breaks shield, bypasses armor, and scales with your opponents HP, I could see rend being a fierce ability. Carnotaurus doesn’t have any cunning elements, so that makes it Fierce-resilient. As @th3bub14 mentioned, all other counter-attacking theropods are labeled as at least partially resislient, and it has no cunning elements.

1 Like