Why not to invest in the one "OP" dino

So, lot’s of people have been complaining about putting a huge portion of their resources into several dinos that were balanced/nerfed today, the main offenders being Tragod, Stegod, and Monomimus. Now I can understand being upset that all of your resources were “wasted”, but there’s 2 things I’d like to say.

1. In these situations, yes they underwent drastic changes, and yes they may not be as “viable”, but they’re still extremely useful and definitely shouldn’t be overlooked just because of a single change.

2. Just don’t invest in a dino if it seems too “OP”. This doesn’t apply to Tragod as much as it does to Stegod and Monomimus. With Stegod, it was far too useful for how easy it was to create, and was used on almost every single team on the leaderboard. It was constantly complained about and clearly something was going to happen. With Monomimus, the RNG debate comes into play, and people argued that it was simply way too good. Obviously, there was going to be a change. My point is, don’t invest all of your resources into the one dino that currently dominates everything. Because then when that one dino is balanced, it’ll be like a punch to the face. It’s much better to focus on balancing out your team than to focus on one dinosaur.

Anyway, just my two cents on the topic. Feel free to flame me below.

7 Likes

very good op!! may i also add… learn to win with less now… something i need to practice.

1 Like

I have a L16 Mono, L16 Trago, and L28 Stegod. I don’t regret leaving the 2 at 16, nor do I regret leveling Stegodeus because it helped me quite a bit while it could :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

But I didn’t invest all my coins in one “OP” Dino. I invested them all in Stegodeus, Tragodistis, and Monomimus and leveled them up as far as I could.

I’m going to disagree with the original poster for one very big reason… Although your investment wait may get nerfed and be wasted you’ll spend several months utilizing it to the fullest whereas if you avoid leveling up those o p dinosaurs you’ll simply find yourself flailing through the bottom of your Arena ranks

2 Likes

I get where you are coming from.
This is exactly my situation I have very limited resources and try to make the best choice available to me. I will win more with these Dino’s overleveled compared to a balanced team Because these Dino’s were obviously the best Dino’s around (in my and many others opinions) I leveled them and used my time to collect the thier DNA instead of other DNA. They may or may not be Viable now but I can’t really just change tactics now it’s not a matter of overlooking them I am obstensibly stuck with them. I could only level the Dino’s I actually used so if these are not usable my team drops in average level significantly (understatement). I’ve got plenty of DNA and could create a bunch of legendaries still but left the epics at L11 because the coin cost to create is so high. So it’s not just tactics and strategies that need to change this is a good thing but the coins literally will take months to recover.
Point two I get also but it just seems counterintuitive doesn’t it. Dino x is good so I shouldn’t choose that Dino to focus on?
Not that I care about trophies but my team will plummet after this and I feel a little powerless to do anything about it.
It’s a good move by Ludia it keeps the game interesting and will encourage people to spend money. I get it but it does suck for some of us.

2 Likes

to stay in upper arenas sure… but to kind of be a wanttobe… it might not be worth it. those guys in upper arenas have some maxed dinos and will still require them to be there untill they can replace them with current better dinos. me as a lower arena 5000ish i could actually control my squad a little better and not over do it if i dont have too.

for instance… i didnt have to level mimus up to 24. 22 wouldve been fine. and i chose to keep my deus at 26 and didnt want to go any higher.

1 Like

That’s a good point. Thinking about it now it would be fine to still use it of course, just that it wouldn’t be a good idea to put all of your effort into leveling it higher than the rest of your team. For example I kept my Stegod at team level and spread my coins around where they were needed rather than putting them all into Stegod, and I’m happy I made that decision.

1 Like

Could you rework rewrite that I’m struggling to understand properly.

Hopefully that helps, my bad.

1 Like

Yeah I would be happy if I had done that too. I kinda feel like I’m the one paying for Ludias miastakes though. I did the math and worked out how to get the most out of what I could spend my time strike event attempts and coins on and the people that chose poorly just get buffed anyway.
I remember taking Ankylosaurus epic over Sino (which I’m about to do again) and Sino hybrids keep getting buffed I really hope Tryko is worth the wait (if I ever get enough Kentro to obtain it).
I’ll be mor likely to have more of a balance in my team now although that said I’ve got two Dino’s in my team flashing for evolution can you guess which they are :cry:

1 Like

I don’t disagree on any of your points, I’ve leveled pretty evenly and prefer to keep my self balanced but I can’t deny that as I’ve tried to rise to the arenas a high-level stegod go can be very daunting. I think as you rise higher the people who are using the overpowered dinos will always have an advantage over people like you and I who are trying to keep things well balanced even though that sucks it just happens to be true

3 Likes

i will always have my favorites though that no matter what… ill sink coins into. like a goal of mine is to have a lvl 30 trex

1 Like

It’s not like you have a tone of DNA and they are ready to be leveled though either.

That’s a huge call, that’s a lot of unique fuses you are missing out on if you make a L20 trex

2 Likes

im not ready for tryko yet anyways.

1 Like

Oh man, big call. Have you got a Trex unique hybrid at all?

and i dont see enough big birds but i have started it. erlidominus

I can’t honestly say I understand the point you’re trying to make, I don’t have an abundance of DNA because I’m not a hardcore player getting out and darting everyday. I could easily have a much higher levels stegodeus as I generally ignore its component pieces, My overall goal is to have a well-balanced team and for conservation of coin purposes I don’t often Chase any and everything. I’m patient but I’ll get where I want to go

1 Like