Ludia Forums

Winning in Gauntlet removes life

As the title says, when I play Gauntlet, winning a match deletes a life, as it would do in case of losing a battle.
It’s really frustrating.

3 Likes

FWIW, this was noted as an intentional change in the release notes. You’re not the only one that thinks it’s a bad change, however.

1 Like

It takes me forever to do anything.
I was hoping it was a bug, since I run into them all the time.

Damn annoying change.

2 Likes

The speed of the gauntlet “life” replenishing varies and for me it doesn’t replenish more than one at a time. Anyone else have same issue? Is there a fix?

It takes roughly, half-day to get 2 “lives”.
There’s no timer present.

Indeed, there is no timer, and you can only get any indication how long if you are out. It may or may not be one life every four hours, which frankly can make a gauntlet impossible if you have any difficulty getting past a particular battle. (Fortunately, I rarely have that issue. I still dislike the change, though.)

2 Likes

This feels like a punishment for being good at gauntlets. Either that or just a blatant attempt to get people to buy runes. Regardless, this a change that they should undue.

3 Likes

It is more than just a punishment IMO.It feels more like daylight robbery.I guess ill have to quit gauntlets.I also saw that in gauntlet last time you can buy sagefruit and energy boost with just runes but now you can buy it with only real money.Am i the only one who feels cheated?

5 Likes

Seriously, you can only buy sagefruit with real money?!? That is obscenely greedy! Talk about a party foul. I didn’t make a habit of buying it with runes, but I will never buy it with money. Time for a boycott!

1 Like

To add insult to injury, the game often does a white out when I try to do a speedup during a Cloudjumper maximum attack. Once the game freezes, I have to exit and so lose a life as well as losing the game. No more speedups during gauntlets. I have my fingers crossed now every time I use a max attack. I cannot afford another white out!

This change is more aggravating than the removal of the SoD gem stable quests.Im sure we are not the only ones who hate this change.They should not take away this stuff or people will leave the game.It looks like they dont want player’s money.And btw,what gauntlet lead me to believe is that gauntlet is like gambling.I mean you have a rigged wheel and you basically gamble your lives.Seriously gambling,in a game for kids?

3 Likes

Yeah, I have to agree. Including aspects of gambling (like the gauntlet and journey wheels) in a game that kids play demonstrates a lack of good judgement. It is something I’ve always been disappointed about.

1 Like

I noticed this too just recently… this was changed on purpose??? My wife and I have been playing this game for years and this is the most “not smartest” thing that they have changed. I highly doubt this was something the players asked for. If they do not correct this asap, i will happily drop playing this game and find a new one as this new “feature” is dirty and shady in my opinion. Come on Ludia, smarten up!

2 Likes

I love this game and have played since it first began. The game creators are just like the Mafia! They take and take ruining the game for those of us who want a fun game. We realize there will be a cost, but now the costs are escalating out of control! It’s a shame that greed ruins everything! I am a 74 year old woman and am so disappointed that corporations do not care about those of us who keep them going. I realize that some new player will take my place until they find out just how greedy the corporation will be to them!

2 Likes

I’ve waited a whole day since battling and only got 2/5 lives back. Horrible.

1 Like

I was having similar issue. I’ve been shutting down the app after use so it reloads when I’m ready to use, and it seems to refresh the gauntlet life every 4 hours like it was supposed to. I cleared it yesterday when I finally had enough lives.

1 Like

This is a horrible change. TBH, I was already less interested in the game after they introduced the stupid butterflies and whatever came before them. I just no longer cared to play the game at all and went from checking the game multiple times a day down to once a day or less. Why do all that work and only get crappy decorations in return - decorations that do nothing and only take up space on the islands that I could be using for dragons? When they made the dragon perches smaller, thus freeing up more room on the island, I got more interested and am back to checking it once or twice a day (which is still less than before), but now this? Normally I play gauntlet when I have some time to sit there and spend several minutes just paying attention to the game. But now I’ve got to spread it out over days? This is ridiculous! What kind of game steals lives when you win?!? Are they sick of doing upkeep on the game so they keep introducing changes to turn their user base off?

2 Likes

For the sake of, er, argument, Dragons World worked the same way for tournaments. OTOH, since high level players could be virtually guaranteed to be able to win, and since tournaments aren’t bounded, the system really wouldn’t have worked otherwise.

For gauntlets, yeah, I hate it. As @Adelei said, all it really does is force you to spread out play, which is just annoying. (It would at least be far less obnoxious if it didn’t take four hours to recover a single life. That’s just insane.)