Ludia Forums

Yellow Dragons

Why are the yellow dragons abilities so inferior to the other colors. Was looking forward to freedom hookfang as it was finally a yellow unique dragon. However, it’s abilities are even weaker than the regular yellow dragons. Unsure why the programming leaned to this type of concept…

1 Like

His abilityes aren’t bad lmao, he’s one of if not the best yellow dragon

2 Likes

In what way is it worse than other yellow dragons?

As far as I can tell its definitly a must have (cuz its currently the only dragon that gives increased dmg against purple dragons and its 40% at that). It also does 950% dmg at ability lvl 10, which is really high for a random foes dragon.

4 Likes

40% damage vs purple dragons is great for alpha battles, 15% spirit is pretty nice (that 15% might make a difference is the arena) and his ability deals a total of 950% damage (wich is great if you look at dragons with similar abilityes, like Light Fury, wich only has 65% damage and it only hits 5 times). His stats are also great.

2 Likes

I would say that my current The Deafing Dawnbrawler’s abilities are greater than this hookfang. It’s rated at 175% against all foes and all allies gain 230% counterattack.

1 Like

Dawnbrawler is the worst yellow dragon (and one of the worst dragons in general).
Sure it atacks all foes, but it does so with a slow spirit speed and its DoT.
Counterattack isn’t great on an attacking team cuz you only get attacked by dragons once every 3 turns (so generally you’ll only counter 5 attacks, which would be what a total of 1000 or so dmg?).

Hookfang’s primary ability does 95% 10 times so it’d deal about 5.5k dmg, Dawnbrawler fighting against 3 dragons would only deal about 4k and thats if you include its counterattack dmg)

5 Likes