Ludia Forums

You might want to rethink this

The new update unleashes an apparently unstoppable monster, worse than anything I’ve seen.

f4c7fb493524b28d5efc2d4caead88becd1cdec4_2_292x352

Mammolania Unique Superhybrid | Resilient, Self-Increasing, Anti-Tank, Tank

• This triple-cenozoic Superhybrid combines the damage-increasing basic attack of its Mammotherium ancestry with the defensive strengths of its Meiolania parent. With Persistent Ferocious Strike, Dig In, Bellow, and Definite Rampage, Mammolania has the attack and bulk of HP to remain on the field while its 30% armor slows down any overzealous attacker’s endeavours. Mammolania has 115 speed and is Immune to Damage over Time and Immune to Distraction

Persistent Ferocity Strike + Definite Rampage + Immune to Distraction :exploding_head:!!

I feel like this is a bigger deal than it seems like.

Here is its parent Mammotherium’s already Tyrant stats for comparison.

And here’s what we know about it’s parent Meiolania.

Meiolania Rare | Resilient, Armored, Tank, Vulnerability, Self-Healing

• Don’t let this turtle’s small size fool you: Meiolania has a hard shell and a mean streak. With average HP and 50% armor, the small roamer uses Superior Vulnerability and Devastation as a combo to deal tremendous amounts of damage to unarmored and unshielded targets. It can also use Regeneration to punish opponents that cannot pierce its armor to remain a healthy adversary over multiple rounds of combat. Meiolania is Immune to Damage over Time and Immune to Vulnerable.

This sounds like this beast has good attack and crazy unstoppable damage along with a large health pool, AND armor!!! I may be freaking out, but I can’t see this being very counter able. Any ideas on this, this thing thats about to start eating your Geminis and Maxima’s, and everything else? What am I missing?

4 Likes

Wrong picture but yes this thing sounds crazy.

1 Like

If only it weren’t immune to DoT and Distraction…

2 Likes

Lol I copied the official writing. I don’t know why it shows that one.

they put the pics below the description. very confusing.

1 Like

Thanks @jason. I forgot to put in a category lol :joy:

1 Like

When a creature needs to be nerfed before it’s even released.

2 Likes

they almost did that with nemys.

2 Likes

Ludia seems to have a tendency to overpower anything with 1500 damage. Gemini (before it became OP), Indo G2, Entelomoth, Mammotherium, Phorusaura, Smilonemys, Procerathomimus, now Mammolania.

3 Likes

if it wasn’t immune to distraction, i would be a bit more lenient on definite rampage. It would still be super strong ( a bit better than mammotherium) but somewhat more manageable than it currently is.

1 Like

Yeah, Imunne to Distraction should never be paired with Definite Rampage.

2 Likes

we have 2 cases of them removing Definite rampage on 2 creatures. and hold up… Imma go back to the patch notes of 1.11 or 1.10 and see what they actually said about that.

2 Likes

Both of these two creatures have and have had less attack than this new unique. Indo g2 also has a buff move like Mammolania, but it doesn’t do damage that turn. This really should be changed to definite impact or DSR.

2 Likes

Stop it with these partial immunities already. The point of having a moveset is to use it strategically, not have a bunch of immunities that stop all its weaknesses. Ok but this thing is probably not eating my gemini and maxima. Nobody will have it in my arena at team level.

2 Likes

Pump enough boosts into it and it’ll smash through pretty much anything it comes across. This abomination will most likely be the boost mascot for this patch.

1 Like

Well the good news there is it will be impossible to create with the dna being event locked. It will be just like gemini which is the most broken dino ever but not many people know because not many have or have faced a big one. 5k turn 1 an shield advantage so 1 or 2 hits kills even tryko like nothing

1 Like