Ludia Forums

Your Version of: Cautious Strike #31

Hello Everyone!:grin:

Here you say whether you agree with the data of a certain creature/skill or disagree.:face_with_monocle:

If you disagree,you can tell how to improve or worsen this creature (either by changing life, damage,speed,armor,critical or abilities)and for skills, tell how she could change (getting better or worse):sunglasses:

Today’s Creature/Skill is: “Cautious Strike” :hushed:

{Data of this creature/skill}:

“Cautious Strike” {Skill} :roll_eyes:

“Deal x1 damage.Cleanse Self.Bypassing Evasive Abilities.Increase speed by 10% for 2 turns.75% chance to dodge 66% of direct damage for 1 turn.Reduce opponent’s damage by 50% 1 turn”

{Creatures that have this ability}:

•Indoraptor Gen2

“Cautious Strike” {Skill} (My version 2.0)::wink:

"Deal x1 damage.Increase speed by 10% for 2 turns.75% chance to dodge 66% of direct damage for 1 turn.Reduce opponent’s Damage by 50% 1 turn" {Lose “Cleanse” and “Bypassing Evasive Abilities”}

{Creatures that have this ability}:

•Indoraptor
•Indoraptor Gen2

And you?would you change this creature/skill?and how would it change?:thinking:

2 Likes

Give it to Indoraptor Gen1 in place of armour piercing. Gives it a well needed buff over Indoraptor Gen2 but still keeps Gen2 a bit better. Make it 75% chance for dodge, 10% speedup for 1 turn, deal 1x damage and lose distraction. However, I would also make it a non-critical move, meaning it cannot crit

3 Likes

I’ll just make it lose cleanse and speed up if I really had to nerf it

3 Likes

“Deal 1x damage. 75% chance to dodge 66% of direct damage for 1 turn. Reduce opponent’s damage by 50% for 1 turn.”
Just removed cleanse and speed up. I think distract and dodge are more important for this move work well for indo gen2, giving survivability but not abusing It to cleanse status and become faster, and still fits into the cautious theme. If It wants to become faster and cleanse some status It should rely on mutual fury. That gives a chance to bleeders and some other fast dinos to counter It. I’d rather this move remained exclusive to indo gen2. It is supposed to be better than the unique version according to Ludia themselves.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t really change it to be honest. I love my Indo Gen 2 the way he is.

1 Like

Good, that you are here! This version is ideal, and we both agree with that =D

2 Likes

I love my indo gen2 too. But the way things are going I’m predicting that a nerf becomes inevitable, so I’m giving them what I consider the best way to nerf It while still remaining strong and relevant. Just adding a few counters, as It really doesn’t have a counter that works 100%

1 Like

I also love my IndoG2, especially when she lay down 3 enemy dino that have more level then she is from 2 to 4. I also understand that shouldn’t happened. Two more then enough =D

1 Like

No damage. Make it a priority move.

2 Likes

To be a balanced move cant get more then 2 efects so if its caution strike it should be
1x damage ,purify and get evasive 1 turn

1 Like

Lose dodge and cleanse.

1 Like

I would make Cautious Strike kill the user, since nothing else seems to be able to do it.

2 Likes

Indo gen2 already has only 2 damaging moves. Rather than changing the moveset it’s better to just nerf cautious strike a bit instead and keep it as a strike.

1 Like

I love the idea of a second sidestep. It’d have to get a different name though, since it isn’t a strike anymore.

1 Like

Phorusrhacos only has 1 damaging move, but he’s a common non-hybrid. Maybe change Evasive Stance to something like Evasive Strike?

2 Likes

Cautious Strike, no damage - Priority Move.
Evasive Stance, 1x damage - Evasive Strike.

1 Like

Cautious Stance, maybe.

1 Like

But then won’t the nerf be too hard? I want indo gen2 to still be strong ya know. Think about it, a priority cautious no strike and simple evasive strike just made it worse than it needs to be. Evasive stance is better to protect it longer than a only 1 turn lasting priority cautious(i assume it would be that). It would be just inverting evasive stance with cautious strike. Maybe it wouldn’t be bad, but I like the kit as it is, only cautious strike needing a little tweak.

1 Like

But then would it last for more than 1 turn?

1 Like

I like the idea of a move like that too, but for another dino. I want indo gen 2 to stay as close to original as possible after a nerf, cause I love the kit it has.

1 Like