Ludia Forums

Your Version of: Cautious Strike #31

No. But it doesn’t have any Delay or a cool down.
A Priority move Cautious is just like Side Step. Only difference is, it Distracts and the percentage of Dodge.

3 Likes

I see. It still woudn’t be a bad move by any means. It’s just my personal preference to think the nerf I mentioned earlier is better for it. The way I see a cautious strike with only distract and dodge is very good against chompers, minimizing the damage recieved with the strike until you can use the big hit. It would have a way worse matchup with them without the strike with distract and dodge, so I’d rather it kept it. A cautious stance would be almost like a worse instant distract in those specific cases and just delay the damage recieved while doing no damage of it’s own. If it had that priority move and evasive strike, it would just recieve way more damage when it chooses to attack with the strike. So imo, cautious strike with only distract and dodge is the perfect way to nerf it without making it worse than necessary.

2 Likes

i would just remove the cleansing ability

3 Likes

Imo:

Remove cleanse. Keep distraction as it fits raptors pounce distraction. Indoraptor gen1 will get cautious Strike to.

3 Likes

Keep it the way it is and incorporate into Indo this way it can stop being paper mache in the arena.

1 Like

I think it’s fine as it is too. But give it also to Indo1 and create more counters to it. A new counter move with nullifying, decelaration, and ferocious strike.

If it really needs a nerf, I think reducing damage to 0.5 is fair enough. Since it’s “cautious”, it should not deal full damage.

4 Likes

Change damage reduction to 25% instead of 50%.
Remove cleanse.

2 Likes

Does 1x damage and causes distraction for 2 turns, 2 turn cooldown.
Totally off topic but why give the indos immunity to the only 2 realiable things to kill it, distract and stun…

1 Like

Just the distraction effect? That’s a boring move. I want It to at least to be able to distract me while i dodge 66% of my responsabilities.

1 Like

It still has evasive stance… so you can still dodge them XD

1 Like

Are you talking to me? If you are, well, that’s not the point. Even If It has evasive stance, If cautious strike does nothing but distract then indo gen2 just got significantly worse by losing it’s cool signature move. Granted, that move needs a little tweaking, not taking away all but one effect. That would be an unecessary harsh nerf and wouldn’t fit the theme of cautious strike.

1 Like

Indo Gen 2 does not need to be tweaked. She is supposed to be better than the original. Cautious Strike stays the way it is without alterations or deviations. It needs to keep all the bells and whistles that it has. Learn to counter it. It can be countered with nullification. Its cloak can be nullified. At 75% chance the cloak working there has been many times I have fought one and was able to one shot it with Thor or even Erlidom while it was cloaked. It is doable enough with the easy way out.

2 Likes

Thanks god the community has no influence to JWA balancing.
Cautiones strike does way to much for a basic move and everyone who calls indo g2 balanced cant be serious.

CS should lose the cleans and speed up.
I think it is still close to be broken, but taking away the speed control should be a big hit to both, CS and indo g2

1 Like

Remove speed up and make it .5x damage

1 Like

The reason for its white scales is to blind its prey in the sunlight, hence the distraction. Indoraptors are inherently fast, so the speed up is needed. The speed up sets it apart from the original one. Cloaking is its trademark and identity, so that is needed. The damage it does is synonymous with it being a legendary and legendaries are strong, so that fits in well. In conclusion it all juxtaposes perfectly and does not need to be trained. Learn to counter it.

3 Likes

Sure u can nullify it but by the Ull be distracted and it be fast and it can keep hitting u forever

1 Like

Never had an issue with Indo Gen 2. They face my 133 speed Thor and they become Thor munchies. Almost always guarantees a one shot

1 Like

Cautious strike does too much for a basic move, if you want to keep it like it is then switch definete rampage for it and give it at leat 1 turn CD then give it some other basic attack, it will keep it’s signature move and not be too much op

1 Like

Indo Gen 2 is not OP. Dracocera is OP if you need to wager a margin of strengths individually.

2 Likes

I don’t think any basic strike/damaging move should ever do less than 1x damage. Though I agree it should lose the speed up.

1 Like