Ludia Forums

Your Version of: Diplovenator #92

Hello Everyone! :grin:

Here you make your own version of a certain creature! :face_with_monocle:

You can tell how to improve or worsen this creature (either by changing life, damage,speed,armor,critical or abilities) :nerd_face:

Today’s Creature is: Diplovenator :hushed:

Diplovenator-icon

{Data of this creature}:

Diplovenator {Legendary} :smiley:

HP:3900
Damage:1000
Speed:110
Armor:0%
Critical:5%

Definite Strike (x1) (Remove target’s cloak, evasion and shields) (Bypass armor)

Instant Distraction (Priority) (-90% damage for 1 turn) [Cooldown: 1]

Distracting Impact (x1.5) (-50% damage for 2 turns) [Cooldown: 2]

Distracting Rampage (x2) (-50% damage for 2 turns) [Cooldown: 2] [Delay: 1]

{Precise Shattering Counter-Attack} {x1}
{Immune to Stuns}
{Immune to Distraction}

Diplovenator {Legendary} (My version) :star_struck:

HP: 3900
Damage:1100
Speed:115
Armor:0%
Critical:5%

Nullifying Strike (x1) (RPE)

Distracting Impact (x1.5) (-50% damage for 2 turns) [Cooldown: 2]

Distracting Rampage (x2) (-50% damage for 2 turns) [Cooldown: 2] [Delay: 1]

Instant Distraction (Priority) (-90% damage for 1 turn) [Cooldown:1]

{Swap in Distraction} {-90% Damage}
{Precise Shattering Counter-Attack} {x1}
{Immune to Distraction}

And you?would you change this creature?and how would it change? :thinking:

Note

{Note: This topic was made to have fun and use your imagination. Probably not everything here is serious!}

• Diplov need BUFF
  • Diplov need NERF
  • Diplov it’s FINE

0 voters

My Choice

I don’t have this Hybrid yet, but I’ve fought it countless times. It did well against the non-immune and it was horrible against the immune. His Immunities help a lot and he mainly needs a Hybrid.

Next Creature: Dsungaia

Thanks for voting and leaving your version!

2 Likes

What’s hilarious is that Sara just voted

3 Likes

I just love the Diplovenator and it is on my team. I actually think it is fine but would take any buff if it was offered :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah. That

2 Likes

It looks like the BUFF vote is winning … as I don’t have this creature I don’t have much idea about him. Any arguments about Diplov? About why should it get better or worse? Any opinion and version will be welcome and thanks @Sara for voting!! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’d like the diplov with some more speed is all, everything else I am happy with. She’s immune to stuns and distraction, she has a counter attack and a pretty decent attack move set.

3 Likes

Ask beaver (just kidding)
Although he thought leveling it to lvl 24 was a good idea
Boy, he was wrong

3 Likes

True … I think he regretted it! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Diplovenator is fine imo. It’s just the current meta, with all the partial Immunities that causes the trouble.
Otherwise you’d have to buff literally all the weaker Legendaries, and if you give them partial Immunities, you might make the problem worse.
It’s a tricky situation.

1 Like

I know that carnivores have low speed because they have a lot of attack but realisticly, wouldn’t they be faster than most creatures beside raptors, raptor like creatures, smiladon, and pterosaurs,

1 Like

But if you give him 4500 health, he can fight them better

2 Likes

More health, since it has a deep love for Thoradolosaur.

1 Like

We’re talking about a creature with triple Distraction here, and the ability to negate evasion, combined with Immunity to Distraction and Stuns. It already wrecks chompers including Thor, Allosino, Tyrannolophosaur and Tryko with 3900 HP, it even beats Tenontorex with mind games.

With 4500 HP, in addition to those, it would beat Indoraptor G2, Carnotarkus, Ardontosaurus, Phorusaura, Grypolyth, Alloraptor, Erlikospyx, Dsungaia, Smilonemys, Pterovexus, Monostegotops (I didn’t bother calculating the Monostegotops matchup, but Diplovenator has a big advantage), Smilocephalosaurus, Purutaurus, Tuoramoloch, Thylacotator, Diloracheirus, Diloranosaurus, Skoolasaurus, Suchotator, Indominus rex (prediction), Entelochops, Utasinoraptor, Utarinex, and a bunch of others I couldn’t be bothered to calculate.

So if it’s Unique had 4500 HP maybe, but Diplovenator itself? Nah, that would be overpowered.

3 Likes

I’m sure Diplovenator already beats Monostego even if he has only 3900 HP, his immune to stun and distraction helps it a lot in this matchup

1 Like

How about with the OP’s suggestion of 1100 and a speed boost.

1 Like

It’s already faster than all the creatures it’s meant to counter, so it wouldn’t make much of a difference.
The extra damage would probably allow it to make a slightly bigger dent in the creatures it loses to, but wouldn’t make a difference to creatures it already beats.

Swap-in Distraction I can definitely get behind. That would be perfect.

The thing is, Diplovenator was engineered to be perfect within its niche of beating chompers, and it is perfect at doing that. It’s meant to be gimmicky.
If speed boosts weren’t a thing, it would probably be viable in the arena.

In any case, it’s one of the better Legendaries as it is. I don’t think it needs anything.

3 Likes

I think it’s fine, but I’d definitely want it to get that swap in distraction

1 Like

The Thor/Tryko counter that never was.

Because of:

Summary
Summary
Summary

Boosts

I think a SIA Distract would be reasonable to add to it. Maybe a speed point or 2

4 Likes

Lol that triple summary

3 Likes

So, unlike other distracters, it can make your attack zero for 2 turns?